Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What a Blessing!




This past Sunday I got to celebrate my very first Mother's Day, and I have never felt so happy. Well, actually, my dog "children" have honored me over the past few years, but this year was so special because I got to celebrate as a real mommy this time!


As deeply as I yearned for children while waiting for Jacob to come, I never knew what true happiness there could be by becoming a mommy. I feel so blessed by him - he is absolute sunshine and joy and I love him so unbelievably much! What a precious treasure and gift that God has entrusted to Derek and me.


Speaking of Derek, he did so good for Mother's Day! It started Friday night when we went out for a date. When he opened the car door for me, there was a gold-wrapped box sitting on my seat. I opened it and he got me the journey diamond pendant - so beautiful! Then on Sunday, I got to open the gift Jacob made me (with Daddy's help). They made a statue of Jacob's hand and foot! Derek set it up on a mirror and then attached it all to a wooden plaque that he stained. Then on the back of it, he has a poem as well as part of the Proverbs 31 verse. I love everything so much!


Here are pictures of the statue he made. I love this man so much. I could never have asked for a better husband!

No comments: