Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I know, I know. It's been over 4 months since I last wrote on our blog. What can I say other than I have been swept away in a whirlwind of activity since Jacob turned 1! The last time I blogged, I showed pictures from his first birthday. Now he is a full-of-energy, steals-my-heart, goofball of a 16-month old! I am incredibly in love with our little son. He makes his daddy and I laugh so hard at times.
His latest kick now is shouting out "COW" as soon as we get on 380 in eager anticipation of seeing cows on the sides of the road. I'm sure if he wasn't bucked in to his carseat his face would probably be plastered up against the window looking for those huge black and/or white animals he loves so dearly.



On another note, I have a confession. Some of you know I took child development classes in college and I swore up and down that I would not let my child watch TV until he was 3. Well.......first it started with only 15 minutes of Sesame Street here and there. Now, I definitely let him watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I can't help myself. It keeps him distracted so I can prepare dinner or clean the dishes. I now say fervently I will never judge another mom ever again. It's funny how our pre-conceived notions before children turn out after we do have children. I don't think it makes any of us "bad" parents - we just learn through experience what works and what doesn't. And getting to see the look of glee on Jacob's face as he's doing the "Hot Dog Dance" is worth more than words can say! He bops his little heiny up and down and says "hot-da" "hot-da" over and over and over again - it is the cutest thing I've ever seen!
Okay, I have to run to wake him up now. I will post more later - there's tons to catch you up on!!

2 comments:

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Oh yeah!!! So glad to see you posting again!! Jacob is precious and you are doing a wonderful job!!

Hugs,
Lindsey

Unknown said...

You are an AWESOME Mom!!!!! Don't you doubt it for a second.
LU
Toni