Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dinner at Our House

So, last night I made King Ranch Casserole for dinner along with a cornbread casserole. It took me about an hour to prepare the whole thing, and then both dishes baked in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour.

For those of you don't know what King Ranch Casserole is, it is a chicken casserole with red and green bell peppers, chopped onions, crushed tortilla chips, diced tomatoes w/ green chiles, cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup, and obviously, diced cooked chicken. It is absolutely divine! So very tasty with just the right amount of flavors mixed together. And with the cornbread casserole as a sidekick, it is taste bud heaven!

Or so I thought.

Jacob absolutely hated it! He kept saying "No!" when we tried to get him to eat. We kept trying to persuade our little man that if he tasted it he would like it (as if you can reason with a 17-month old).

We finally got him to taste a few bites, but kept trying to get him to have more. He finally took his last bite and then he started gagging.

And then he gagged some more.

And then some more, and before we knew it he was puking up his whole dinner! So gross.

I guess he really didn't like that dinner. = ) Derek and I enjoyed our's, though, so I plan on making it again. We'll just make some chicken nuggets I guess for Jacob next time.

There is a positive note to this story. We happened to put his large bib on him before dinner that has the pouch at the bottom of it. Well, when he disposed of his dinner, the bib came in very handy - if you know where I'm getting at!

Do you have any similar stories that your kids (or you) have done?

4 comments:

dixie-cricket said...

That's so funny!!!

And I NEED that recipe :)

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Oh my goodness!! That is funny, although I am sure you didn't think it was!

Taylor eats anything and everything ad Ryan barely eats at all. He spends almost every dinner time telling me how gross the food is. It is hard when you know how much work you have put into it. But they don't get that yet-- rest assured someday they will realize how much love goes into every little and big thing you do for them!

Unknown said...

Okay - I must confess that I laughed out loud. Obviously, that precious little boy has no idea what a MARVELOUS cook his Mommy is!

The Brown's said...

I'm not gonna lie - I was laughing my head off when it happened! It was so funny!

And Crissi, I'll get you that recipe. Are you sure you want it?!