Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Easter!

I know this is a little late, but I couldn't not post something about Easter last weekend.

Easter is my most favorite holiday. Yes, I absolutely love Christmas, but Easter is so special because that is the day we rejoice in the death and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour!

Each night we read Jacob a Bible story out of his Children's illustrated Bible. The week leading up to Easter, we read each story that lead up to Christ's actual death and resurrection. Well, when we got to the story about His death (which wasn't graphic - only showed the bottom of the cross with Jesus' feet), Jacob got so upset. He saw the people at the bottom of the cross that were crying, and his little eyebrows got so crinkled up and he started pouting. Derek and I told him that there was good news, though, and then we read him the story where Jesus was alive. He seemed to relax after seeing all the people were happy again, but it will take some time before he can actually grasp the meaning of this.

I pray that our son will fully grasp this awesome news one day. I pray that he will see how much God loves him and that He died for him, and I pray that he will dedicate his life so early to the Lord. I pray that he will follow Him and love Him with every ounce of his little body, and I pray that he does mighty things for God's kingdom.

Here are some pictures from last weekend. On Saturday, we went and played in a field of bluebonnets. Then on Sunday we had family time with both sets of families. It was a wonderful weekend!















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such sweet pictures. Jacob is so big. What children's bible do you use? Hope everything is going good!
Leslee Graves