Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Answered Prayers

I am an avid journaler. I still have my journals from high school. I journal all the important and not-so-important things in my life. It's always been a way of release for me where I can jot down all my prayers and the different scriptures that have spoken to me.



Well, yesterday I became distressed and overjoyed all in the same hour! First, I was trying to find my sunflower journal, which is the journal I just finished filling up a few months ago. It contains ALL my journal entries from our entire pregnancy with Jacob. I cannot find this anywhere. Derek and I have searched the entire house, every nook and corner, every drawer, every closet, everywhere. It has disappeared! The only thing I can think of is that it got tossed somewhere in the midst of us packing up boxes. We even went to our storage unit and looked through those boxes of books but we didn't see it. I am so distressed over this and feel so sad because I truly want to share all those journal entries with Jacob when he gets married and is having his first baby. Hopefully and prayerfully it turns up somewhere. I just pray we didn't accidentally throw it away because then I would be devastated.



That was the bad news from yesterday. But something so awesome also happened and I had to share it! As I was distraught from failing to find my pregnancy journal, I came across my journal that I used while struggling with infertility, as well as during both of our miscarriages. I was so amazed at what I wrote during one of my journal entries. Here is a tidbit from an entry dated October 7, 2006:



"Last night my sister gave me a bunch of maternity clothes. I pray I will get the chance to wear them next summer. I truly believe we will conceive by February, and I pray this is true."



Wow!!! I found out in February 2007 that I was pregnant, and Jacob was born October 26, 2007. How awesome is our God?! When I read this, I was so amazed and so in awe. I forgot all about this, but looking back I remember when I wrote this. I remember telling a couple of my close friends that I just knew I would be pregnant by February, March at the latest. But somehow during the time I wrote this and January '07 I got so discouraged and doubtful again.



I think God showed me this so I could see once again how mighty He is and that he truly does answer prayers. He may not answer prayers in the timing we would choose, but His timing is perfect. This is very appropriate for the season Derek and I are in right now. We are waiting on the sale of our home so we can move closer in. We are just keeping our trust and faith in God and His timing. We know and believe that He will direct our steps and everything will fall into place as it needs to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its amazing all of the little ways God stops life or causes situations to show his glory! I have had many situations similar to the one you were sharing (although I wish I was much better at journaling - I just have one for the past 6 years - that is a special gift you have) where I was searching to find something or caused to stop and listen and God revealed himself in the most amazing ways! Let me know if you need any help with moving stuff :)