Friday, April 4, 2008

We are moving!

For those of you who don't know, we are putting our house up for sale in the next week or so and will be moving to Plano.

This is very bittersweet for us because we have lived in our house for 5 years now. We have made a very close friendship with our next door neighbors and we hate to move away from them. I know we won't be very far, but it feels like we're breaking up! We also absolutely love our house. We wish we could just pick up our house and move it to Plano. There are just so many wonderful memories that accompany our home, so to leave it is very hard. I thought that I would enjoy moving, but now that it's happening it makes me a little sad.

The reason we're moving is because Derek's job location will be transferring to Dallas at the end of the summer. The drive will be very long and hard from where we live. It will be great also because we will be closer to our family.

We have prayed about this decision and have asked the Lord for wisdom and guidance, and we feel this is what we need to do. Prayerfully we will not have any trouble selling our home and will not run into any stumbling blocks on the purchase of a new home.

In the meantime, Derek and I went and purchased 6 gallons of paint last night and started re-painting our walls last night in order to get our house sell-ready. Anybody want to come over and paint?! Just kidding...no really, anybody? Ha ha!

8 comments:

Jessica @ FiveInSix said...

Great blog! Thanks for letting me know about it. I can't believe y'all are moving!!! Where are y'all looking in Plano? We've talked about moving further south, as well (b/c of Jeff's job & church).

Those pics in the last post are adorable! I can't believe he's 4 months old already!

Kendall said...

OH YOU GAVE IN!!! Shame on you, but I love the page. For the record, NO I DO NOT WANT TO HELP YOU PAINT unless the paint color consist of a repulsive color that will deter anyone from purchasing your house!!

Kendall said...

What I meant to say was, THAT'S wonderful. We will be sure to follow soon after you guys are out. Can't bear to live there without you! Love you bunches!

Jamers said...

that means you will be closer to Garland, which means I can babysit :)

Erin said...

That makes me sad!!! Will y'all still be at Providence??? I miss you and we should talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Well, since we spent 6 months looking for a house in Plano, we have info on neighborhoods and stuff. We live in Wellington Estates (legacy and ohio), hope you can be close by!

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

Just found your blog and that is the first time I have seen your little guy! Too sweet! Look forward to following your lives from afar :)

Megan said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this whole 'blog' thing... lol.
He is so adorable, Rachel! I can't believe he is waving! Sorry to hear that you are giving up that beautiful house, but at the same time, I'm glad because you'll be closer to us.