Sunday, May 24, 2009

11-1/2 weeks!

We are almost through the 1st Trimester, and I am so excited to get over this hill!

My belly is definitely expanding MUCH faster than it did in my first pregnancy, and I look like I'm more so 18 weeks instead of 11! Yup, I've had to start pulling out the maternity clothes already.

I had a sonogram and check-up on Friday and everything went well for the most part. There's good and bad news. Let's start with the good news:

GREAT news is that the baby is measuring completely normal at this stage and is looking healthy so far. Very strong heartbeat at 170 (!) and we even got to see 5 little fingers attached to each hand. It was so great. My mom went with me and we were trying to show Jacob the baby on the screen, and he scrunched his little face up and looked so confused! It was precious.

Also, the sonographer thinks we're having another boy. She said it's still a little too early to tell, but she thinks it's a boy. However, the doc thinks it's a girl. It's anybody's guess. We'd be happy with either one!

Okay, now for the not-so-good news. According to the sonogram there is still a blood clot or something in there. It has been there since the beginning of the pregnancy, and I have had to go for check-ups every 2 weeks because of this. The doctor said she's a little concerned that it's not going away, but she will give me 4 weeks to come back to see if it goes away. If it hasn't gone away by then, I have to go to a high-risk doctor to make sure it's not a piece of placenta that has become detached. She told me not to worry about it, but she gave me full permission to be very lazy over the next 4 weeks. She wants me to rest as much as possible and not to exercise or even go walking.

So it's not terrible news. After all, I got permission to be lazy! On a more serious note, though, I really feel like the Lord is exercising my faith and trust in Him. I know He will take care of this little one and He is knitting him or her together in my womb, fearfully and wonderfully made!

3 comments:

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Let me know if you need any help around the house or with Jacob. I am serious!!!

Hugs to you and we are praying for your sweet family!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you Rachael! And yes let us know too if there is ever anything that we can help with!! We're much closer to y'all now (than Garland) so I am available whenever you need me!

The Schmidt Family said...

We'll be praying friend! Let me come clean for you!