Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Child After My Own Heart!

Last night Derek and I witnessed the cutest thing I think I've seen in a long time.
We put Jacob to bed at his usual time, somewhere around 8:15. He went straight to bed, or so we thought, because we didn't hear any noise or playing on the monitor.

Well around 10:45 before we were going to bed, we went to his room to check on him like we usually do every night. When we went over to his bed we looked down and he had one of his books lying next to him. I looked over to his wooden chest where we had put the books we read right before bed, and I noticed it was completely empty. I knew there had to be another book in his bed!

After searching around his bed as quietly as possible with the flashlight, Derek pointed to a spot right underneath Jacob....he was laying on top of his "Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?" book. He was laying completely on top of his book!

Sigh.

These are the moments that make Mommies most proud. My son shares a love for the same thing as me. =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love eric carle books. I've never seen that one. I will have to go get it. Faith loves brown bear, brown bear and polar bear, polar bear. So sweet that he feel asleep with them.